Failte 32 provides support on many levels
1. Job Networking evening (for Summer J1 visa holders). Certain Failte 32 affiliated organizations have agreed to dedicate one of their Summer events to hosting a Failte 32 job networking evening. This is a great way for you to meet with their executive committee and members who will have been previously notified to be prepared to assist you in your job hunting efforts.
2. Request a meet up with one of Failte 32’s committee members who will give you guidance and advice based on your specific situation.
3. Failte 32 website: www.failte32.org
4. Failte 32 is offering job seekers a free ad in the classified section of local Irish American newspapers, which can only help your chances of getting in front of potential employers.
5. Email/Newsletter informing you of important contacts within the Irish American community, available jobs, featured affiliated organizations and their members, tips etc.
6. We launched the Shamrock Fund SM to support longer-term J-1 visa holders who may be finding it difficult finding employment in the U.S., which is totally understandable in the current economic environment. The Fund will subsidize (or fully pay) the membership of IWT J-1 visa holders to influential Irish American business and cultural organizations in the U.S. For more information, see https://www.failte32.org/about-failte-32/useful-articles/shamrock-fund-launched-applicatio%e2%80%8bns-now-being-accepted-from-those-in-new-york-on-j-1-iwt-program/
The current Consul General, Hon. Noel Kilkenny, has invited you to view Ireland House as your home away from home. It is situated right in the middle of Manhattan on Park Ave. between 51st and 52nd St. (345 Park Ave.) and is where all Irish Government agencies in NY are based including Tourism Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, IDA etc.